A big thank you to Corin Birchall of Kerching Retail for delivering some amazing workshops for local independent retailers kindly hosted by The Yards. A great range of topics were covered including Windowing Dressing – grabbing customers from the street to come in store, Digital Marketing – making yourself as visible as possible against the competition and Retail Selling Skills – giving people that memorable experience that will get them to buy and more importantly return!
Corin shared a range of Top Tips, here are some for you to take away:-
- Your shop needs to ‘burst out’ from the street.
- Shoppers have tunnel vision – so stand out!
- You have 2 seconds to make a great first impression.
- Think about ‘how’ people purchase your goods and give shoppers a great experience.
- Have you looked at and updated your Google Business directory recently?
- The key to social media is shareable content.
- Think about where your passing trade is seeing your shop from – on the bus? From across the road? and dress accordingly
- What are the social traits and styles of you, your staff and your customers?
- Cookies are useful for dipping in tea and understanding your customers interests.
- Window displays should have 3 layers – A vinyl, the products/ props and a backdrop.
Kettering has a great range of independent stores and it was fantastic to welcome so many businesses from the town to learn something new and more importantly meet each other – some even have been able to access a small amount of grant funding to alter their shop front display, look out for them across the town!
We haven’t finished quite yet… with future workshops including ‘Making the most of events’ and ‘10x brilliant ways to attract and convert more shoppers’. For more information on dates and venues please keep an eye on our website or follow us on Twitter @ENTKettering
Both great opportunities to get some hints and tips for your business.
And as Corin did we will end for now on a quote from Dale Carnegie
“You can complete more business in 2 months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get people interested in you”
Thanks again to everyone that came along to the workshops – we hope you all found them interesting – Corin has more great hints, tips and tricks on his website – we look forward to seeing you all at our next events!
Please check out all the other business support we have on the site